After a test message was mistakenly sent to thousands of Bulgarian citizens from the early warning system, BG-ALERT published a schedule for November when the actual tests of the system will be done.
The purpose of the tests is to verify the functioning of the system and for the population to gain an idea of the messages and their accompanying behavior on mobile devices. The tests will be held on the following dates:
• 07.11.2023 (Tuesday) – for Gabrovo region;
• 14.11.2023 (Tuesday) – for Vidin, Vratsa, Lovech, Montana and Pleven districts;
• 15.11.2023 (Wednesday) – for the regions of Veliko Tarnovo, Razgrad, Ruse and Silistra;
• 16.11.2023 (Thursday) – for the districts of Varna, Dobrich, Targovishte and Shumen;
• 21.11.2023 (Tuesday) – for Burgas, Sliven, Stara Zagora and Yambol regions;
• 22.11.2023 (Wednesday) – for Blagoevgrad, Kyustendil, Pernik, Sofia and Sofia region;
• 23.11.2023 (Thursday) – for the regions of Kardzhali, Pazardzhik, Plovdiv, Smolyan and Haskovo;
• 29.11.2023 (Wednesday) – national test throughout the country.
During the conduct of each test for half an hour from 12:00 to 12:30 a.m., a message containing text in Bulgarian and English will be broadcast, Darik reports.
The receipt of the message on the mobile device is expected to be one-time and accompanied by a specific sound and vibration, even with silent mode enabled.
For an advertisement in “Petel” at a price of BGN 60 excluding VAT for a PR publication, write to [email protected]
Follow PETEL.BG every minute 24 hours a day!
See the latest news – HERE!
Fact-checking: Let us know if you see factual errors or irregularities in the article or comments. Write directly to [email protected]. We will pay attention!
Send your photos to [email protected] at any time to the editor on duty!