Early in the morning on November 3, at the “EA” printing house, a team of authorized employees of the Regional Administration – Pleven, under the leadership of the Chief Secretary Irena Hristovaaccepted the ballots and transported them under police protection to the square in front of the Municipality.
There, the truck seal was publicly removed, then the ballots were handed over to representatives of the ten municipalitiesin which a runoff for the election of the mayor of a municipality and the mayor of a town hall will be held on November 5.
Later on the same day, the election papers were also distributed in the building of the Regional Administration of Municipalities.
Employees of all the structural units of the Ministry of Internal Affairs in the district are involved in the protection of the polling stations, the election papers and the public order in connection with the vote for mayors of municipalities and settlements. Teams of police officers and firefighters have committed security inspections of 149 sites, where 288 polling stations will be located. On Saturday, employees of the Ministry of Internal Affairs take over the security during the transportation of the election materials and the premises where the voting will take place until the end of the election process.
The Ministry of the Interior will assist Bulgarian citizens who do not have valid identity documents to exercise their right to vote on election day on November 5, 2023.
New certificates are issued up to and including November 5, as the ones issued for the first round are invalid, clarifies the ODMVR – Pleven.
For the second round of the elections for mayors in the localities where they will be held, the employees of the “Bulgarian Identity Documents” sector at the Ministry of Internal Affairs, RU and sections of the RU will work on November 4 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and on November 5 from 8:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m.
In the week before November 5, 2023, when the second round of the mayoral elections will be held, the necessary organization was created for Bulgarian citizens who have not been issued an ID card or do not have valid documents (ID card or personal/green/passport) because they have been lost , stolen, damaged, destroyed or expired, to have the opportunity to exercise their right to vote:
1. Depending on the specific legal requirements, to citizens who have already applied for a new ID card, its issuance was accelerated or a certificate was issued for a lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed identity document (ID card, personal/green/passport) or expired ID card;
2. If it is impossible to issue a new identity card by the end of the working day on November 3, 2023, at the request of the citizens, they were issued the necessary certificate with which to vote.
In order to issue a certificate, it is necessary:
1. Citizens should personally submit a request to the ODMVR – Pleven, RU and a section of the RU for the days from October 31 to November 4, 2023 from 08:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and on November 5, 2023 from 08:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. In the event that the working hours of the relevant BDS unit are different, the certificates will be issued within the working hours of the unit, and the period of 04.11.2023 (Saturday) and 05.11.2023 (Sunday) will be observed. . Information about the working hours of each BDS unit is posted at the entrance to the premises where administrative services are provided to citizens based on identity documents and on the website of the SDVR and ODMVR.
2. The certificates providing the opportunity to exercise the right to vote in the mayoral elections are issued only after an application for the issuance of an identity card has been accepted.
3. In the case of an application for the issuance of an identity card submitted and registered at a permanent address, a certificate can be issued in any RU and section of the RU, and ODMVR – Pleven, regardless of the announced permanent and current address.
Certificates of stated permanent and current address are issued by the municipal administration.
The certificate is issued to serve only before the sectional election commission and is valid for election day – November 5, 2023.
From September 29 to November 6, 2023, the 24-hour telephone line 02/90 112 98 will operate in the Ministry of Internal Affairs, and in the territory of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications – Pleven – the 24-hour telephone line is 064-864-323. To them, as well as to e-mail [email protected], citizens can report violations or possible crimes they have noticed, related to the responsibilities of the Ministry of Internal Affairs in the electoral process. An organization has been created for a continuous service mode of the lines. Signals are also accepted at the regional offices, as well as at tel. 112.