CSKA beat Chernomore Ticha 99:64 in a match of the fifth round of the NBL, played today in Sofia. After the meeting, the coach of the “Armies” Rosen Barchovski commented on the success, the absent players and the upcoming match with Rila sportsman.
– Was everything as easy as it seemed from the side?
– It was easy. Again we started the game relaxed, but it was easy because they have problems with injured players, they traveled on the day of the match and did not have the strength to fight. We have depth in the squad, despite the absent figures – Georgi Boyanov and Marcus Hammond, we have a much wider squad, classier and that’s normal. What I’m not happy with is the start of the match. That’s how we started with Miner and lost, today of course we got better, but we have to work there. It is purely motivation and psychology, nothing else.
– You mentioned Georgi Boyanov and Marcus Hammond, what is their condition?
– Georgi Boyanov has a very slight stretch of the adductor, which has almost subsided. Another day or two and he starts training. Marcus has a severe virus, it turned into bronchopneumonia.
– I found out that he was even in the hospital…
– It was for a while, on strong antibiotics and on systems. On Monday he will have a picture taken, hopefully this pneumonia has subsided.
– You have a guest appearance of the Rila athlete in Samokov. What are the expectations and how should you approach it?
– It is clear that we will approach it as seriously as possible. We have nine days to recover and get a full squad together. We will work purposefully for the Rila athlete. They have a new coach, in that case there is a change in tactics, mood and motivation. I expect a very difficult meeting.
Follow our channel at