Who will become mayor?
Be the first to know the results throughout Election Day with the Dnevnik Express newsletter
The renovation of the intersection of “Tsar Ivan Shishman” street and “Gen. Yosif V. Gurko” street initially surrounded a monolithic podium on the sidewalk in front of an establishment. It turned out that there was no permit for the constructed facility, and according to the project, the tiles in its place had to be replaced. Only after publication in “Dnevnik” was it removed. The repair of the intersection was completed, but it remained to finish the part of the sidewalk that was occupied by the podium.
The site has not yet been accepted and the contractor needs to complete it.
The construction supervision of the renovation is carried out by the “Project Supervision Sofia Center” consortium, which won the order of the Capital Municipality worth BGN 1,034 million including VAT. “Dnevnik” met Eng. Todor Todorov, who is the supervisor of the site, during one of the inspections a few days ago. He also supervised the laying of the yellow paving stones and the repair of “Graf Ignatiev” Street. In continuation of the topic and following the way in which the repairs are carried out and their control, we also publish the short conversation with him.
What did you as construction supervisor of the renovation see here?
– When you released the first article, we were here.
A new blunder in the repair of “Tsar Shishman” street in Sofia also requires supervision of the supervisor
And what did you see?
– Whatever we see now – we look at the object, we constantly have presence. Every day we establish different works.
And did you find the illegal podium?
– The point is that it is not correct to write that there is no supervision of the object.
Is supervision to look at the site or to monitor whether the project is being followed?
– To observe whether the project is being followed.
Is it respected?
– The project has not been completed and it is not correct to write in the “Diary” the amount for the supervision. It is under contract (BGN 1,034 million with VAT), it is from 2018 and is for the two zones (2 and 4 of the Central city part) and the money has not yet been received by us.
The catwalk has been removed, what’s next?
– It’s not that big of a problem. The project pavement will be filled with earth rock pavers. Now they are preparing the foundation and I think it will be decided in a week. There is an EDP (Electrical Distribution Company) shaft and they will fix it. The place is fenced on all sides, pedestrians are not allowed, but the restaurant has an entrance from the “Shishman” side. The problem is a bit overexposed.
The illegal podium on the corner has been removed, the renovation of the capital’s Tsar Shishman Street will be extended
As a supervisor, do you have an explanation for why this all worked out?
– In the central part of the city, we constantly have such shafts and communications. We receive a ready-made project, which is approved by the municipality, given to the builder and to us. Our role right now is to watch the builder execute the technical specifications, drawings, everything. We even carry part of the project.
Five years, it feels like a lifetime: renovations of two streets in the center of Sofia continue