Parents who are entitled to receive funds to compensate their expenses must simultaneously meet the following conditions:
1. the child has applied for admission to a municipal nursery school or a nursery group of a municipal or state kindergarten, in the adjacent district of which the child’s current address is located, in accordance with the procedure determined by the relevant municipality, and the same has not been accepted due to a lack of free places ;
2. the child is not enrolled in a municipal nursery or in a nursery group of a municipal or state kindergarten;
3. the municipality at the child’s current address has not offered the parents another place in a municipal crèche or crèche group in a municipal kindergarten due to a lack of free places in all municipal crèches and municipal kindergartens in the adjacent area;
4. parents do not receive support from the state budget, with the exception of monthly allowances for raising a child under Art. 7, para. 1 of the Law on family benefits for children, or support at the expense of operational programs for the same activities on another basis for the month for which funds are paid to compensate for the costs directly related to upbringing, education and training, according to the order of this decree;
5. no leave is used to raise the child under Art. 164, para. 1 of the Labor Code for raising a child up to the age of 2.
Expenses incurred by parents directly related to raising, raising and educating their children are subject to compensation with funds from the state budget, if the above conditions are met and the expenses are determined to be allowable.
Eligible expenses are:
1. costs for payment of fees under contracts for upbringing, education and training concluded with a private nursery or with a private nursery with a nursery group;
2. costs for the payment of remuneration under contracts for rearing, education and training concluded with natural persons.
The costs under item 2 are admissible if the natural person, a party to the contract for upbringing, education and training, meets the requirements of Art. 10, para. 1 or Art. 11, para. 1 of Ordinance No. 26 of 2008 on the organization and operation of nurseries and children’s kitchens and the health requirements for them (SG, No. 103 of 2008), i.e. the natural person is a nurse, midwife, medical assistant or paramedic, a person with the professional qualification of “nurse”, “midwife”, “medical assistant” or “paramedic” is appointed. or a teacher with a higher education in “Preschool Pedagogy”.
Applications for the months of July, August and September 2023 can be submitted within 10 working days after publication of the regulation in the state gazette, i.e. until November 10, 2023
Parents who wish to receive compensation under the conditions and in accordance with the Ordinance should submit an application on a template to the municipality at the child’s current address, during working days, as follows:
By January 5 for the period November 1 – December 31 of the current year;
By March 5 for the period January 1 – February 28 of the current year;
By May 5 for the period March 1 – April 30 of the current year;
By July 5 for the period May 1 – June 30 of the current year;
By September 5 for the period July 1 – August 31 of the current year;
The application is submitted personally by the interested party or by a person authorized by him, to the Mayor of the Municipality of Varna at the counter in the administrative service unit. The application is based on a model, according to Appendix No. 1 to the Ordinance and can be found on the website of the Municipality of Varna, at varna.bg/bg/755.
The following documents are attached to it:
To compensate for the cost of paying fees under contracts with a private nursery school or a private nursery school with a nursery school group
– Contract for rearing, education and training, concluded with a private nursery school or a private kindergarten with a nursery school group /original is attached, once and in case of changes/; – Payment document for the payment of the upbringing, education and training fee for the relevant month – invoice and payment order or fiscal receipt.
– Bank account document
To compensate for the costs of payment of fees under contracts for upbringing, upbringing and education concluded with natural persons:
– Contract for rearing, education and training concluded with a natural person /original/;
– Report and acceptance-transmission protocol containing information on the activities carried out for the month under Art. 16, paragraph 1, items 1, 3 and 4 and para. 3-5 of Ordinance No. 26 of 2008 on the organization and operation of nurseries and children’s kitchens and the health requirements for them;
– Copy of documents certifying compliance with the requirements under Art. 4, para. 3 of the Ordinance adopted by Resolution No. 206 of the Council of Ministers dated 23.10.2023 for a natural person, a party to the contract – a diploma for acquired professional qualification “nurse”, “midwife”, “medical assistant” or “paramedic”, respectively a diploma for higher education in the specialty “preschool pedagogy”;
– Documents for paid remuneration under the concluded contract – payment order or expense cash order.
– Bank account document
Administrative Service Center:
address: city of Varna, Osmi Primorski Polk Blvd. 43
email address: [email protected]
opening hours: from 08:00 to 18:00 on weekdays without interruption
for contact: “Health” Directorate; tel. 052/820 239; 052/820 942