A tourist died in a fire at the Central Hotel in Sofia

A tourist died in a fire at the Central Hotel in Sofia
A tourist died in a fire at the Central Hotel in Sofia

A Colombian tourist died, and four adults and two children were injured in a fire at the Central Hotel in Sofia, Nova TV reported. Among the injured are a 12-year-old girl from Belgium and a one-and-a-half-year-old baby, emergency services reported to Nova TV. All the injured are foreign citizens – of Asian and Israeli origin.

Two people – a woman (21 years old) and a man (32 years old) were admitted to the Emergency Toxicology Clinic of the Academy of Medical Sciences due to gassing during the fire, the hospital announced, BTA reported. The patients are in good general condition. Three victims were transported to “Pirogov” hospital. After a series of examinations and tests, the three remain for treatment in the hospital. Two adults are patients of the trauma and burn clinics. One child was hospitalized in “Pirogov” toxicology.

The incident happened shortly after 6:00 this morning, on the day when Sofia celebrates its holiday. The fire is believed to have started in a room on the second floor and spread to the third floor, where the dead woman was found.

Fire engines and ambulances gathered in front of the building. The fire is now out. The traffic through the intersection of Hristo Botev Blvd. (where the hotel is located) and Todor Alexandrov Blvd. is stopped, but it is expected to be opened soon.

TOBACCO WAREHOUSE BURNT IN HASKOVO

A fire in a building of a former tobacco warehouse on “Sredna Gora” street in Haskovo – an architectural monument, which occurred at 7:20 p.m. last night, was extinguished, but burned the entire building and the roof of the building collapsed, which, according to people living in the neighborhood , is from the beginning of the last century.

Firefighters also managed to prevent the flames from spreading to the neighboring larger building, also a former tobacco warehouse, by dousing its walls with water.

In the meantime, a report was received about a burning roof of an uninhabited house on the nearby St. Cyril and Methodius Street, where fire trucks were diverted.


The article is in Bulgarian

Tags: tourist died fire Central Hotel Sofia