The organization of traffic in Sofia is changing today due to the holding of a relay marathon, the organizers announced. Changes in the movement of public transport can be checked on the website of the Center for Urban Mobility (CGM).
The start of the Sofia Ekiden (relay) marathon is at 9:00 a.m. from the northwest lane of Evlogi and Hristo Georgievi Blvd. in front of the Vasil Levski National Stadium. The run will continue along the western roadway of “Evlogi i Hristo Georgievi” boulevard, along the eastern roadway of “Prof. Fritjof Nansen” street, with a U-turn at “Vasil Levski” boulevard, along the western roadway of “” Prof. Fritjof Nansen”, to the right on “Bulgaria” Blvd., on the eastern roadway of “Pencho Slaveykov” Blvd.
The marathoners’ route makes a U-turn along the sidewalk of “Vitosha” Blvd., along the western roadway of “Pencho Slaveykov” Blvd., along “Bulgaria” Blvd., right along the western roadway of “Cherni vrah” Blvd., U-turn at St. Naum St., along the eastern roadway of Cherni Vrah Blvd., right along the southeast roadway of Evlogi i Hristo Georgievi Blvd., Dragan Tsankov Blvd., Borisova Garden, exit from Borisova Garden at “Vasil Levski” National Stadium, along the southeastern roadway of “Evlogi and Hristo Georgievi” Blvd. to Orlov Bridge, passing through the pedestrian zone, along the northwestern roadway of “Evlogi and Hristo Georgievi” Blvd. to the “Vasil Levski” National Stadium, where the final is.
They introduce changes in the organization of traffic along the marathon route from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., prohibiting the entry of vehicles in both directions on:
- St. “Gen. Gurko” between Evlogi and Hristo Georgievi Blvd. and Vasil Levski Blvd.
- St. “Lyuben Karavelov” between “Gen. Parensov” and “Gen. Gurko” Str.
- Bul. “Evlogi and Hristo Georgievi” between Tsar Osvoboditel Blvd. and Prof. Fr. Nansen St.
- Bul. “Dragan Tsankov” between Metropolitan Kiril Vidinski St. and Evlogi and Hristo Georgievi Blvd.
- The southern roadway on “Bulgaria” Blvd. between “Cherni Vrah” Blvd. and “Akad. Iv. Geshov” Blvd.
- Bul. “Cherni Vrah” and “Prof. Fr. Nansen” Street between “Sveti Naum” Blvd. and “Vasil Levski” Blvd.
- Bul. “Pencho Slaveykov” between “Bulgaria” Blvd. and “Vitosha” Blvd.
- The National Palace of Culture tunnel, the section leading to Cherni Vrah Blvd. and Bulgaria Blvd.
It is prohibited to stay and park vehicles from 7 a.m. on September 6 until the end of the event on the bridge in front of the Vasil Levski National Stadium.
From 4:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. the routes of mass urban transport are also partially changed, also specified by the Central Government. There will be a change in the movement of buses with numbers 72, 75, 76, 94, 204, 505, 604, electric buses 9, 84 and 184, as well as trolleybus line number 7.
The Metropolitan Directorate of the Police will provide security for the marathon, traffic control and regulation posts at junctions and the passage of mass urban transport vehicles at the intersections of Evlogi and Hristo Georgievi Blvd. with Graf Ignatiev St. and in the tunnel of the NDK.