GERB and DPS will take part in the session of the National Assembly on Wednesday and will show that the Euro-Atlantic majority exists, stated the chairperson of the PG of GERB-SDS Desislava Atanasova after a meeting with the co-chairman of “Proceeding the change” and finance minister Asen Vasilev and the deputy chairman of the PG of the DPS Yordan Tsonev.
See more in Milena Kirova’s report
The meeting discussed the issues of next year’s budget, the derogation for Russian oil and cooperation between the three formations.
The support of GERB and DPS is subject to the following conditions:
- Lukoil’s derogation: The derogation for importing Russian oil will be removed prematurely in two steps – from January 1, export quotas will be suspended, and from March 1, 2024, the import and processing of Russian oil will be permanently suspended.
- Budget 2024: Opportunities have been found to satisfy all the requests of the PG of GERB-SDS and DPS in terms of revenues and expenses, said Desislava Atanasova.
- Revenue will be reduced with 2.4 billion, which is the supposed planned contribution to the gas fee.
- There will be a list of priority national investment siteswhich includes AM “Struma”, AM “Hemus” and others.
- A priority list of investments for municipalities has also been agreed uponwhich is an integral part of the budget.
- It is about one billion leva the ceiling on the assumption of public debt has been specified.
- Demonstration of the Euro-Atlantic Majority: GERB received guarantees from PP-DB that in the future there will be no cases in which any of the two parliamentary groups will vote together with “Vazrazhdane”, BSP and ITN in the plenary hall.
With the agreed changes in the budget, the planned capital expenditures are reduced by about BGN 2 billion, which is the planned contribution payable by “Gazprom” for the transit fee. Thus, the capital costs become slightly below BGN 10 billion, Finance Minister Asen Vasilev specified.
“We will revise the budget in its form so that it passes through the small and large tripartite and is discussed by the Council of Ministers.
The solution found for the derogation is useful for Bulgarian citizens, because on the one hand it stops exports and the money going to Russia, on the other hand it guarantees that there will be no shocks on the internal fuel market.
We had a frank conversation with colleagues from GERB about the fact that neither they nor we should form a majority in the National Assembly with BSP and “Vazrazhdane”, because this leads to unhealthy processes and loss of trust”, commented Asen Vasilev.
The DPS are also satisfied with the agreement.
“We are pleased to have been heard about stopping this export of profits to Russia. This formula we have found will both satisfy the Bulgarian citizens and the market, but it will stop the export of funds to Russia and the financing of the war. The government remains!”, said Yordan Tsonev.
Watch live here or on the Facebook page of “Around the World and At Us”:
Hear the latest news wherever you are!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Follow the BNT channel on YouTube
You can now also watch us on TikTok