Parents of children from three months to three years of age who, due to a lack of places, are not admitted to municipal nurseries and nursery groups in municipal and state kindergartens, can from today apply for the compensation of expenses that are directly related to the upbringing, education and children’s education.
In order to receive the aid – compensation in the amount of BGN 372, they must meet several conditions:
1. The child has applied for admission to a municipal nursery school or nursery group of a municipal or state kindergarten and has not been accepted due to lack of available places;
2. The child is not enrolled in a municipal nursery school or nursery group of a municipal or state kindergarten;
3. The municipality at the child’s current address has not offered the parents another place in a municipal nursery school or nursery group in a municipal kindergarten due to a lack of free places in all municipal nurseries and municipal kindergartens in the adjacent area;
4. Parents should not receive support from the state budget, with the exception of monthly allowances for raising a child under Art. 7, para. 1 of the Law on family benefits for children, or support at the expense of operational programs for the same activities on another basis for the month for which funds are paid to compensate the costs directly related to upbringing, education and training, according to the order of this decree;
5. To raise the child, leave under Art. 164, para. 1 of the Labor Code for raising a child up to the age of two.
The documents must be submitted by the 5th of the month for which compensation is requested:
– for the month of September – from 01.10. until 05.10.2022
– for the month of October – from 01.11. until 05.11.2022,
– for the month of November – from 01.12. until 05.12.2022 and
– for the month of December – from 01.10. until 05.01.2023
The municipality will check whether the parents and their children meet the conditions for receiving the aid and will notify them within 14 days whether they are entitled to compensation for the costs. In cases where the conditions are not met, an authorized official issues a reasoned refusal.
The following documents are attached to the request, depending on the type of concluded contracts:
1. A package of documents certifying expenses for payment of fees under contracts for cultivation, education and training under Art. 4, para. 2, item 1, concluded with the private nursery or the private kindergarten with nursery groups:
a) Contract concluded between the parent and the private nursery or private kindergarten with nursery group (applies only to the first request for payment, and for subsequent months – only if changes have occurred);
b) payment document for the payment of the upbringing, education and training fee for the relevant month – invoice and payment order or fiscal voucher;
c) Certificate from a bank for a bank account in which the parent wishes to receive the compensation.
2. A package of documents certifying expenses for payment of fees under breeding and training contracts under Art. 4, para. 2, item 2 of the Ordinance, concluded with natural persons:
a) contract for upbringing, education and training concluded with the natural person (applies only with the first request for payment of compensation, and for subsequent months – only if changes have occurred);
b) report and acceptance-transmission protocol containing information on the activities carried out for the month under Art. 16, paragraph 1, items 1, 3 and 4 and para. 3 – 5 of Ordinance No. 26 of 2008 on the organization and operation of nurseries and children’s kitchens and the health requirements for them;
c) a copy of documents certifying the requirements for the natural person who is a party to the contract – a diploma for acquired professional qualifications “nurse”, “midwife”, “medical assistant” or “paramedic”, respectively a diploma for higher education in the specialty “Preschool pedagogy”;
c) documents for paid remuneration under the concluded contract – payment order or expense cash order;
d) certificate from a bank for the bank account on which the parent wishes to receive the compensation.
The amount of compensation for eligible expenses will be determined for each month separately on the basis of the monthly expenses actually incurred by the parent, certified by appropriate documents.
Hear the latest news wherever you are!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Follow the BNT channel on YouTube: https://go.bnt.bg/youtube